by John B.
1)6 G Welder (SE Portland)
We are seeking a top notch stud combo welder with high energy. You should be certified in all positions. Have extensive knowledge in layout and fabrication. At least 5 years of recent experience needed. Must pass a weld test that will be thoroughly tested and bent. Send resumes for consideration.
posted january 4th, 2010
Compensation: $18-19 DOE
2)Welding Instrutor - Tenure Track (Clark College)
*** Application Process ***
TO QUALIFY FOR THIS POSITION, YOU MUST SUBMIT A COMPLETE APPLICATION PACKAGE.
YOU CAN MAIL, FAX, OR DROP OFF THE COMPLETED APPLICATION PACKAGE TO US, PLEASE NO EMAIL SUBMITTALS AT THIS TIME.
ACCESS OUR WEBSITE AT www.clark.edu/jobs, SCROLL DOWN TO THIS POSITION AND DOWNLOAD THE WORD OR ADOBE FILE.
For optimal consideration, please send us the required documents by the closing date of January 29, 2010.
Primary duties include lecture and laboratory instruction of automatic and semi-automatic weld processes (FCAW/GMAN/FCAW/SAW), gas tungsten arc (GTAW), shielded metal arc (SMAW), on plate, pipe, and tube, as well as carbon arc cutting (CAC-A), manual and CNC plasma acr cutting (PAC), oxyfuel cutting (OFC), basic metallurgy, blueprint reading, weld inspection and testing, and welding departmental leadership roles.
• Eight years of journeyman-level welding experience.
• Welder certification in FCAW, GMAW, GTAW, AND SMAW.
• Experience supervising industrial workers or faculty.
• Experience training industry workers or students in a learning environment.
• Experience with: Purchasing/budget management, personnel hiring and support.
• Training and related experience with A.W.S. and A.S.M.E. welding code interpretation.
• Experience with Microsoft office suite, including Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
• Ability to obtain and maintain Professional-Technical Certification requirements:
1. Teaching personnel in professional-technical fields for which bachelor’s or master’s degrees are not commonly available shall possess sufficient broad and comprehensive training, industry recognized certification when available, and two years of relevant work experience or relevant and current teaching experience.
2. Certification is a condition of continued employment for all professional-technical education personnel.
Applications may be obtained via the Web site, www.clark.edu/jobs or by contacting:
Clark College Human Resources
1933 Fort Vancouver Way
Vancouver, WA 98663-3598
360-992-2105; 360-992-2317 TTY
For priority consideration, application materials should be received in Human Resources by 5 p.m., January 29, 2010.
The College will consider its diversity needs when recruiting for all positions.
Clark College is an equal opportunity employer. Protected group members are strongly encouraged to apply. Upon request, accommodations are available to persons with disabilities for the application process. Questions regarding the College’s Affirmative Action Policy may be directed to the Associate Director of Human Resources, Baird Administrative Building, (360) 992-2105.
The security of all the members of the campus community is of vital concern to Clark College. Information regarding crime prevention advice, the authority of the Security/Safety Department, policies concerning reporting of any crimes which may occur on the campus, and crime statistics for the most recent 4-year period may be requested from the Clark College Security/Safety Department, (360) 992-2133. Some positions may require a background check be conducted on applicants prior to hiring.
Compensation: 2009-2010 starting salary is $43,932.
3)Experienced Shipyard Welder (Portland)
GENERAL JOB DESCRIPTION
Utilize welding skills to fabricate and weld heavy steel pieces in a shipyard environment. Prioritize project completion to reflect the production area needs.
ESSENTIAL JOB TASKS
• Ability to interpret welding blue prints and perform layout for welding and fitting operations
• Safely and efficiently use various hand and power tools
• Safely and efficiently use various welders and cutting tools
• Ability to weld with both wire feed and stick in any and all positions
. Mechanical abilities and aptitiude
• Must be able to climb up and down ladders and gangways, work aloft while wearing fall prevention equipment
• Ability to lift up to 70 pounds and carry the same for short distances and up and down stairs and steep inclines
• The work requires long periods of sitting in awkward positions, standing on a variety of surfaces and at differing angles, bending over, crouching and climbing up and over obstructions such as scaffolding, ladders, and internal barge and boat structural members.
• Ability to swim, with a willingness to work over water
• Self-motivated and the ability to work with minimal supervision
• Operate a forklift
• Must be able to work 7:00 AM to 3:30 PM, and mandatory overtime as necessary, sometimes 6-7 days per week
• Pass physical and drug screen prior to employment in this position
• Pass company’s basic math skill test given at time of application appointment.
• Pass weld test, welding one inch plate in the vertical position using flux core, dual shield
• Speak, understand, read, and write the English language
• Meet physical requirements of the job as defined above
• Complete safety and forklift training class as scheduled by the company
• 5-7 yrs. minimum verifiable industrial/marine welding experience with an excellent safety record
Application must be filled out in our office, with complete information. No resumes.
PAY AND BENFITS
• Pay rate will depend on experience
• Health/Dental/ Disability/Life Insurance offered
• AFLAC offered (employee paid)
• Vacation Pay
• 401K Plan
• Location: North Portland
• Applications accepted in person Monday thru Friday 8:00 AM to 2:30 PM
• Please call Pam at 503-289-2669 to schedule an appointment for an application.
• Weld tests are not given at application appointment. Considered applicants will be called back at a later date for a weld test.
4)Skilled Welder (Portland, OR)
Custom fabrication company is seeking highly qualified combination Welders. MIG and TIG experience on Stainless and Aluminum required. Candidates must have experience welding on pressure vessels and/or heat exchange equipment. Welds must pass x-ray inspection. Must be able to take project from blueprint to completion with little supervision.
Compensation: $17-$19 hr
I saw the welding jobs link, and thought these postings would help other welders out in the Portland metro area