Experienced Shipyard Welder (Portland)
by John B.
(Portland, Oregon USA)
Hey People, sorry I've been slacking off on keeping you posted about job openings in PDX, I've been really busy for the last couple of months. Heres one I found on craigslist. I'll keep y'all posted if anything else comes up
GENERAL JOB DESCRIPTION
Utilize welding skills to fabricate and weld heavy steel pieces in a shipyard environment. Prioritize project completion to reflect the production area needs.
ESSENTIAL JOB TASKS
• Ability to interpret welding blue prints and perform layout for welding and fitting operations
• Safely and efficiently use various hand and power tools
• Safely and efficiently use various welders and cutting tools
• Ability to weld with both wire feed and stick in any and all positions
. Mechanical abilities and aptitiude
• Must be able to climb up and down ladders and gangways, work aloft while wearing fall prevention equipment
• Ability to lift up to 70 pounds and carry the same for short distances and up and down stairs and steep inclines
• The work requires long periods of sitting in awkward positions, standing on a variety of surfaces and at differing angles, bending over, crouching and climbing up and over obstructions such as scaffolding, ladders, and internal barge and boat structural members.
• Ability to swim, with a willingness to work over water
• Self-motivated and the ability to work with minimal supervision
• Operate a forklift
• Must be able to work 7:00 AM to 3:30 PM, and mandatory overtime as necessary, sometimes 6-7 days per week
• Pass physical and drug screen prior to employment in this position
• Pass company’s basic math skill test given at time of application appointment.
• Pass weld test, welding one inch plate in the vertical position using flux core, dual shield
• Speak, understand, read, and write the English language
• Meet physical requirements of the job as defined above
• Complete safety and forklift training class as scheduled by the company
• 5-7 yrs. minimum verifiable industrial/marine welding experience with an excellent safety record
Application must be filled out in our office, with complete information. Please DO NOT EMAIL RESUMES.
PAY AND BENFITS
• Pay rate will depend on experience
• Health/Dental/ Disability/Life Insurance offered
• AFLAC offered (employee paid)
• Vacation Pay
• 401K Plan
• Location: North Portland
• Applications accepted in person only, Monday thru Friday 8:00 AM to 3:00 PM
• Please call Pam at 503-289-2669 for the address. DO NOT email resumes or respond to this ad with an email, they will not be looked at!
• Weld tests are NOT given at time of application. Considered applicants will be called back at a later date for a weld test.
Email contact: email@example.com