Welding safety

by Jesse
(PDX)

When I was first learning to weld stick I would hang my stinger on the grate my project was on and for the most part that was fine, but one day, so many people had done it that the plastic insulating the spring for the clamp wore away and I had my stinger arcing to the grate! I freaked and was able to shut off the machine.

The other incedent I had was Tig welding, the cap had a crack in it and all was well, I was mostly concerned with gas leaking, but what happened was I had finished my weld and took my foot off the pedal and some how the torch arced to my arm even with leathers. Didn't hurt but gave me a scare and I instinctively tossed the torch and broke the gas cup.

Check your equipment!

Return to Share a Welding Tip.